*This post is a paid for collaboration with T-Class Security however all thoughts and opinions are my own.*
If you’ve been a long-term follower of mine, you’ll already be familiar with my love of all things luxury. What can I say, I am my mother’s daughter through and through, and therefore I have been enjoying adding some new investment pieces to my collection throughout 2019.
This year, I’ve really been trying to focus more on timeless classics rather than just investing into trend-led pieces as I want to ensure that anything I’m adding to my collection has a potentially good resale value – but with that comes the challenge of learning how to properly care for your luxury pieces and how to keep them safe.
For me, this is very much a work in progress, but I am always looking into ways to make sure I’m properly taking care of everything I buy – whether this be learning the proper way to wash cashmere bed socks or researching security companies in London, and in this blog post I wanted to share with you a few tips I’ve picked up along the way.
- If you’re washing cashmere bed socks, or indeed cashmere in general, make sure you wash by hand in a low temperature and always turn the item inside out. Never tumble try, instead leave it to air dry somewhere, and avoid hanging or draping it somewhere that is likely to warp the shape of the cashmere as it dries.
- Don’t store your leather goods in direct sunlight and risk them being bleached by the sun. Yes, this still applies if you live in the UK and it rains approximately 99.5% of the year…
- If it comes with a dust-bag, use it. We’re given them for a reason you guys – protect your investments!
- If you live in a high risk area and have a number of expensive items – an Hermes Birkin for example – you’re gonna want to be extra cautious. If you’re in the position to do it, perhaps looking at additional security for your home such as CCTV could be wise. T-Class Security offer CCTV security in London – that way you can monitor the safety of your home 24/7.
- Make sure you keep the tissue stuffing in any luxury shoes you may buy to ensure they keep their shape and don’t collapse with wear or age
If you have any top tips for looking after your luxury items, make sure you leave them in the comments below!