You may remember last year I began a new blog series that I affectionately named ‘Notes on Happiness’. I wanted to explore what happiness truly meant to me, having come to the conclusion around this time last year that happiness wasn’t some overwhelming feeling as described in books and in the movies, but instead just a general feeling of contentment and the notion that no matter what you may have going on at the time you wouldn’t actually want to be anywhere/anyone else.
It’s been a little while (almost a year!) since I last wrote an instalment and I figured that it was about time I reflected on some of the things that put a spring in my step and a smile on my face regardless of what else I might have going on at the time.
It’s funny because so much has changed since this time last year, and despite it being tricky at times 2019 has so far been the best year of my life and it isn’t even over yet…
- My new car – it makes me so happy every time I look at it let alone drive it. Best purchase I’ve ever made
- Finally owning a pair of Balenciaga Triple S
- Having the best growth on Instagram I’ve ever experienced this year
- A newfound appreciation for the Arctic Monkeys
- Dog cuddles every day
- The support of my family in every aspect of my life, but especially with my business
- Being self-employed for almost a year and not having a major breakdown yet
- Working with some truly incredible brands this year
- Finally getting my teeth professionally whitened
- Going back to therapy and finally sorting through some issues I’ve been struggling with since I was little
- Beginning reformer pilates and really working on my body again for the first time in years
- Watching journalling/painting/Sims 4 speed build videos on Youtube when I’m stressed
- The love and advice from my best friends – I would be truly lost without my girls
- New tattoos
- Finally finding my style and acceptance when I look in the mirror
- Stripping back my makeup routine and embracing my features
- Feeling more assured in myself and who I truly am than ever before
- Reconnecting with old friends and acquaintances
- Beginning saving for a house
Honestly, I could go on and on. I am so unbelievably grateful for everything 2019 has thrown at me this year, for the support of my friends and family as I go on this journey to truly discovering myself and for the universe for throwing some truly incredible experiences and even better people my way.
I am truly the happiest I have ever been in my life, so happy in fact that I could burst, and I never want this feeling to end.