MY FAVOURITE MET GALA LOOKS

Fashion Blogger Lucy Love

This month saw the annual gathering of the rich and famous for what is arguably one of New York’s most sought after society events, the Met Gala. This year’s theme was Rei Kawakubo/Comme des Garcons, and as you can imagine this should have led to a explosion of colour and texture, a riot of ruffles, striking silhouettes and the most avant-garde of gowns.

The expected breakdown on Twitter ensued in the following days and hours concerning the sheer amount of attendees that did not embrace this year’s trend, but those that did managed it with some serious style. In this post I’m going to round up my favourite looks but don’t forget to let me know which celebrities you thought nailed it on the red carpet this year too.

Fashion Blogger Lucy Love

1. Solange Knowles in Thom Browne 2. Rita Ora in Marchesa 3. Anna Cleveland in Comme Des Garcons

Fashion Blogger Lucy Love

4. Rihanna in Comme Des Garcons 5. Katy Perry in Maison Margiela by John Galliano 6. Helen Lasichanh in Comme Des Garcons

Fashion Blogger Lucy Love

7. Janelle Monae in Ralph & Russo 8. Chrissy Teigan in Marchesa

Don’t forget to let me know which of this years looks caught your eye in the comments below!

Bloglovin | Twitter | Instagram | Youtube

Share:

1. Hayley Tea Party Beauty
    May 10, 2017 / 1:17 pm

I love the Met Gala for the crazy out there fashion, but not even I can understand Helen Lasichanh's look… Sorry not sorry haha.

• Lucy Love
      May 11, 2017 / 12:01 pm

Hahaha me neither and yet it's still one of my favourites – I think it's because it's just SO out there that I can't not love it a little bit…still wouldn't be caught dead wearing it myself though! xo

2. Jessica Ayton
    May 10, 2017 / 4:37 pm

I literally love all the weird fashions! W it's fashion is the best <3 as if some people didn't keep to the theme?! iamfoxxtailz | alternative style diary

• Lucy Love
      May 11, 2017 / 12:02 pm

I know right?! God if I'm ever lucky enough to bag myself an invite to the Met Gala you can bet your bottom dollar that I'll be so heavily invested in the theme I'm the theme itself *sassy girl emoji* XO

3. Katie Middleton
    May 12, 2017 / 12:43 pm

I love the Met Gala purely for the outfits! You get to see all sorts. I must admit, I did love Rihanna's look! Chrissy Teigan looked bloody stunning as always!Katie xwww.katie-middleton.co.uk

• Lucy Love
      May 13, 2017 / 4:11 pm

Chrissy is flawless isn't she?! I absolutely loved what she wore, I actually think it was my favourite outfit tbh 🙂 XO

4. Deimante Baurinaite
    May 12, 2017 / 5:44 pm

I can appreciate an artistic outfit but some of the met gala outfits can be a bit too much I think! I love looking at them all though haha I think that Rhianna and Katy Perry's outfits are totally out there but I like them a lot!Deimante xwww.sunnydei.com

• Lucy Love
      May 13, 2017 / 4:12 pm

Haha I totally agree but at the same time I kinda love them for that 🙂 I guess it's like the one time of the year when everyone just dresses absolutely insane and can get away with it without judgement 🙂 XO

5. Lauren Williamson
    May 15, 2017 / 9:37 pm

I love the Met Gala, I just wish more people would join in on the theme. I feel like it's the one event where it's perfectly acceptable to dress unbelievably crazily, put a lot of people still tend to focus on looking 'sexy'. But then, I'm just a fan of a theme ha. I think Rihanna was one of my favourites this year, but then, I always love her outfits! Was devastated that SJP didn't make it thoughLauren | Lauren the Daydreamer