I like the finer things in life – unfortunately for my bank account. I’ve never exactly been a slave to the label, but since I was quite a young teenager I used to watch my Mum buy designer jeans (at outlet prices may I add) and long for the day when I could afford to do the same for myself. Admittedly along the way I went through my uber emo phase and designer labels were essentially the spawn of Satan (as was anything likely to be found in Topshop…lol) but since I’ve grown up and come out the other side of that interesting phase I’ve redeveloped my love for luxury.
I’m lucky enough over the passed few years to have amassed the beginning of a collection of luxury items, and while some of these were gifts, the majority I actually bought myself either from saving up or from being irresponsible and heartbroken last year and using my credit card (don’t do this, it’s really not a sensible way!). While I no longer have the credit card – thank god – I do want to save for some holy grail items this year. Keep reading to find out what they are!
1. The Gucci Belt. I’ve never really been bothered with belts before aside from my brief affair with wearing several studded belts at once at the height of the emo phase but recently I’ve found myself really wanting a classic black leather belt to wear with jeans etc. This Gucci one is definitely my belt of choice.
2. The Givenchy Bag. This is my dream designer bag and has been for quite some time now but unfortunately for me the price tag is definitely out of my reach! One day I am determined that this will be in my collection but until that time I’m content to drool over it from a distance.
3. The Givenchy Slipper. I know that Gucci slippers are currently the popular designer shoe on the block but we all know I don’t like to follow the crowd (lol) so I’m currently obsessing over these GORGEOUS chain trimmed leather slippers. Like I literally can’t cope with how much I love them.
4. Alexander McQueen Shorts. I’ve wanted a lovely pair of tailored shorts for the longest time. At the moment I only really have tight fitting denim shorts and they’re great for casual wear but since my style has changed recently I want something that matches the same kind of ‘vibe’ I’m going for. Admittedly these are also way out of my price range for the time being so I’ll probably be buying off ASOS instead…
5. Alexander Wang Ankle Boots. Ok can we just take a minute to admire how gorgeous these leather ankle boots are?! I love ankle boots that are actually ankle height rather than approaching mid calf length and these just completely fulfil all my ankle boot needs. I had a pair with a similar ankle height (is that even a thing) from ASOS a few years ago and I literally wore them to DEATH and I’ve been trying to find a pair to replace them ever since. Now just to save up for the rest of my life…
What items are on your designer wishlist? Let me know in the comments.