Probably the largest photo I’ve ever uploaded on here – I grabbed it off my instagram while I typed this because I suddenly realised I hadn’t prepared a photo for this post. Sorry chaps.
Its the most wonderful time of the year, and as the festive season stretches ahead in front of us and the dark, cold nights draw in, its also the most wonderful time to binge watch your new favourite series on Netflix while snuggled under a blanket. Preferably with snacks.
I tend to struggle getting through long seasons as I don’t always have much time to sit down and watch TV for an extended period of time, however I have managed to put together a few favourite series of mine in a list below in case you’re struggling to find something new to watch this Christmas.
- Pretty Little Liars – I’m sure you’ve probably watched this already. I mean it seems like every man and his dog has and I’m incredibly late to the party but just in case you haven’t, it’s totally worth a watch. Following the story of a group of friends trying to solve the mystery of their friend’s disappearance it’s absolutely full of mystery and intrigue and can be a little bit spooky at times too.
- Gotham – set in Gotham City, this series follows a young Bruce Wayne (before he becomes Batman) and his relationship with the policeman investigating the murder of his parents. As the investigation continues, the police encounter new villains and criminal gangs but are they linked to the Wayne murder?
- Dexter – ok so I don’t want to spoil this too much but I will say that it’s got the WORST ending out of every series I’ve ever watched but that doesn’t stop it being totally worthwhile. It follows the life of Miami PD blood spatter analyst Dexter Morgan, who by day helps to solve gruesome murders around the city but by night he lives a very different kind of life.
- Cowspiracy – not the most lighthearted choice but it’s definitely an important watch. When people ask me why I’m vegetarian I tell them its because of health reasons which was indeed the main reason. However a few months in I happened to watch this and nor morally I really don’t think I could ever eat meat again – whether you’re considering vegetarianism or whether you’re firmly a meat eater for life its worth watching in order to understand a little more about the implications eating meat, and in particular beef, has on the environment.
- Gossip Girl – definitely my other favourite on the list, Gossip Girl follows a group of friends from one of Manhattan’s elite private schools as they come of age. With plenty of romance, mystery and intrigue as well as a good old dose of blackmail (and some very enviable wardrobes) this is one of my all time favourite TV shows and I could watch it over and over again.
What are you watching this Christmas? Do you have any recommendations to add to this list? Let me know in the comments below!
Don’t forget to follow me on Bloglovin’ if you aren’t already to keep up to date with all my Blogmas posts! Next up for Blogmas Day 7 is my gift guide for boyfriends, so keep your eyes peeled!
Follow me on: