Apologies for the ancient photo guys, I’ve been missing my long hair and reminiscing over old blog posts on my lunch hour today and well, I guess this is the result.
I know we’re all about positivity and great things happening in the blogging world, but I thought it would be funny to put together a post about the blogging fails I’m guilty of committing on a daily basis as I’m sure some of you will be able to identify with them too! Remember, it doesn’t matter at all that we’re not always perfect and on the ball – we’re only human!
1. Scheduling tweets. Uber important for those of us who like to promote our work, especially if we’ve got a day job too but I just never get around to doing it. I think it’s probably got something to do with scheduling tweets actually being my day job but I know I’m sacrificing followers and page views by leaving it out of my routine. When I am being good however, the Buffer phone app is my saviour.
2. Twitter chats. I love them, I really really do but I just never get round to taking part in them! Either they fall on my commute home when I’m inconveniently underground or they’re on while I’m trying to cook or clean. I miss chatting to everyone though and they are great for discovering new favourite blogs!
3. Flatlays. They look amazing but I am totally useless at putting them together. How do you get the right angle? How do you find the perfect props? How do you stop your annoying camera strap shadow ruining everything? Answers on a postcard please.
4. Business cards. Every time I attend a blogging event or Fashion Week, I tell myself for at least two months before that I need to buy myself business cards. And what do I never, ever remember to do? You’ve guessed it. LJLV is almost 3 and yet I don’t own a single blogging business card >.<
5. “Actually, it’s ok, I’ll shoot tomorrow” – this is my worst bad habit. I want to shoot, and I need to shoot, but can I actually pluck up the motivation on my one free day with Joseph at the weekend? Not always. It always leaves my blog schedule messed up, and while at the time sacrificing photos for cuddles, drinks or a day out is great, later on in the week you can guarantee that I will be kicking myself for being lazy!
What is your worst blogging bad habit? Let me know in the comments below!