Did you know that Sunday nights are for more than just sharing viral dog videos and eating chocolate in your onesie? No? Me neither – I haven’t indulged in a Sunday night pampering session in SO FREAKIN’ LONG I actually can’t remember the last time I really gave myself the chance to unwind before the working week. I’m usually dashing about on trains between Manchester and London on a Sunday evening and cursing the fact that I live over 200 miles away from Michael, so this was quite a novelty.
I decided (while enjoying a good soak with a variety of Lush Christmas goodies) that it was about time I did my top 10 tips for a relaxing Sunday evening – and we all know we enjoy a good list. So without further a-do:
1. Candles. Get those bad boys lit, turn off the artificial lights and just give your eyes and brain a break. Candles are so relaxing, plus if you’re *ahem* not alone they can also set a pretty romantic mood too, just sayin’
2. Music. So my music taste is predominantly either rock or indie, and although I adore both genres they’re not exactly relaxing. You need a chilled playlist for Sunday night, so it’s time to hit Spotify and see what they have to offer! I usually find the ‘Sunday Afternoon’ playlist a winner.
3. Skin Products. What better excuse to give your skin a pampering than a Sunday evening? Smooth on that face pack and treat yourself to that deep cleanse you’ve been thinking about.
4. Bathtime. Ok so not everybody is a bath person, and during the week I am firmly in the shower lovers camp, but there’s something about running a nice warm bath and relaxing that fits a Sunday night so well.
5. Lush. Well this basically goes hand in hand with the point above – I always love to fill Sunday evening baths with bath bombs or bubbles to help me relax, and this week I used my new favourite ‘Peeping Santa’ bubble bar that Mum got me for Christmas. Not only did it turn my water a pretty pink colour, it also smelled lovely.
6. Nails. It’s Sunday evening, you’ve more than likely got a few hours to spare so why not spruce up those nails with a new colour for the week ahead? I’m favouring Essie polishes at the moment and spent an hour last night painting them in my favourite deep red ‘Bordeaux’.
7. Blogs. Use that spare time to catch up on your favourite blogs with a cup of tea or a cheeky glass of wine – it’s the perfect chance to devote some time to catching up with what everyone else has been up to and can even go a long way to inspiring you for the week ahead too!
8. Netflix. This point barely needs any explanation! If you want my recommendations, look out for a new post coming up soon about my Top 10 Netflix picks (Making a Murderer is my number 1 right now!)
9. Reading material. Whether this be a book you’re enjoying or even your favourite magazine, taking the time away from a screen to sit and read and allow your mind to drift off is always a fantastic way to wind down from the weekend!
10. An early night. Boring but practical, getting in a few extra hours of sleep on a Sunday night can set you up perfectly for that horrible alarm on Monday morning!
What are your Sunday evening necessities? Do you have anything you’d add to my list? Let me know in the comments below and don’t forget to link me to your blogs too, I love reading them!