Ok so let’s not beat about the bush. 2015 was categorically not what I thought it would be. I started the year full of hope and ‘this is going to be my year’ and all that bullshit that I prattle on about pretty much every single New Year’s Eve/start of term/end of the month/every day I wake up. It’s actually been a pretty rubbish year, especially where this blog is concerned because in case you can’t tell, I slacked off. I mean you only have to look at my analytics, or the amount of posts I’ve put out to see that, but don’t worry you babes – all that’s about to change.
I’m grabbing 2016 by the (metaphorical) balls and this time I’m not letting go.
An early resolution for 2016 is to not be so damn negative all the time, to see the positive in situations and for the first time ever to do what’s right for me, no matter whether or not other people aren’t going to necessarily like my decisions. SO in honour of resolution number one, I’m going to list 5 things I’m proud of in 2015.
Buckle up kids.
1. My job. Hell if you’d told me three years ago while I was hating life scanning other people’s fruit and veg through the till at the local Co-Op that I would be the Social Media & Digital Marketing Executive for a big marketing agency in Manchester, without even having to get a degree, I’d have laughed you out of the shop. But I did it. And I worked damn hard to get here. I’m proud of how far I’ve come in my career and that at the tender age of 23 I’ve still got so much I can do with it, and so many dreams, goals and aspirations. I can’t wait to see what next year brings.
2. I have my own flat. I can’t tell you the feeling of pride I had when I picked up the keys to my very first flat a few days after moving to Manchester. No, it hasn’t all been plain sailing and 98% of the time I’ve been miserable as sin BUT that doesn’t take away from the fact that I’ve done it. I’ve stood up to my anxiety disorder and all the people that said I couldn’t and I’ve made something of myself. And I’ve done it all off my own back.
3. My blog. Ok so I know I’ve said quite often this year that I haven’t been proud of my blog this year and in some respects that’s true, but at the same time I’m proud that I’ve kept it going (however sporadically) through all the crap I’ve been dealing with since March. I’ve kept it going through two flat moves, career changes, issues with my own mental health, a break up, money problems, health problems and everything else along the way and now I’ve come out on the other side of all the crap with a clear direction for this little space to take me in 2016 and I’m actually seeing a positive future for ol’ LJLV.
4. Personal growth. This applies to a lot of things this year – learning new skills with my job, learning new skills with YouTube. Finding my style (finally), figuring out where I want to go in life, learning what it is that I actually want to do with my life and my career, learning to love myself a little bit more than I used to, making decisions to help me grow not hold me back, and being open to new things.
5. Myself. I’m proud of me. I’m proud of the person that I have become, and the person I am still to become. I am proud of all the things that I have achieved this year, and the battles I’ve overcome on the way. I’m proud of the fears I’ve conquered, and I’m even proud of the mistakes I’ve made as they’ve still shaped the person who is sat typing this right now. And most of all I’m proud of the girl who’s going to wake up on 1st January 2016 with a head and heart full of love, inspiration and motivation for the year ahead and all the things that she is going to achieve.
What have you been proud of this year?
Don’t miss a thing – | Bloglovin’ | Twitter | Instagram | YouTube | Tumblr |