Ok, spoiler alert guys. This isn’t actually a picture taken at home, it’s actually at the local park by Michael’s but I realised that I have no home related or festive images on my computer right now. Le sob.
Basically I’m all kinds of homesick at the moment – not going home for months on end kinda does that to a gal, and since we’re basically only 24 (depending on when you read this) hours away from December now, I’ve been dreaming of the 23rd December and all the fun things I have to look forward to when I go home and I thought what better way to end a Sunday than compiling them into a list for you lovely lot. Because we all love a good list.
1. Family time. Goes without saying really but since I’ve moved out I’ve learned to appreciate time spent with my folks a lot more than I did when I was still living at home. The moody teenage years are well and truly behind me ~thank God~
2. Mum’s home cooking. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, Momma Love can cook. Since I’ve turned veggie it does mean I no longer get to enjoy a proper Christmas dinner, or leftover pie on Boxing Day *sobs* or her hearty winter stews, but just the novelty of not having to cook for myself for a change is going to be top.
3. Doggies. I miss my dogs more than anything else in the world so I’m looking forward to some quality canine time when I return home.
4. Traditions. Certain songs, the way we hand out the presents like my Granny used to do, our annual Christmas Eve meal out, going for drinks at all the local pubs and bumping into everybody we’ve ever met, Boxing Day walks and watching the hounds meet, being around the villages I grew up, familiar faces, places and smells – I can’t wait for it all.
5. Giving my parents and Michael their presents – I love nothing more than saving my money up and going a little bit crazy at Christmas to make sure all my favourite people have the most wonderful presents and this year will be no different. I can’t wait to see their faces when they undo their gifts!
6. Michael coming to visit me. This isn’t 100% confirmed yet, but I’m so excited for Michael to come and stay at my parents house with me for a few days so I can show him my hometown, all my favourite places, take him to the coast and spend some quality time with each other without the interruption of work.
7. Blogging. I know this little blog has taken a bit of a hit this year with all of the moving around and general upheaval, so spending some time at home will give me the chance to reboot, plan ahead for 2016 and get some quality content sorted for my blog and YouTube channel ready to start the New Year with a bang.
8. Friends. I cannot wait for all of my best friends to be around me again. We’re all dotted around the country now, so it’s going to be just perfect for us to congregate in Chester again for Christmas and a well needed catch up.
9. Rest. Life in the city is so fast paced in comparison to my sleepy country village. I can’t wait for a week of rest away from the craziness that is Manchester and work, with nothing to stress me out and nothing to worry about.
10. My home. I can’t wait to be surrounded by the familiar family items that have followed myself and Mum around for the last few years. I can’t wait for the comfort of familiar sights and smells which will help me get into the festive spirit.
I’m sad that I won’t get to join in with the lead up to Christmas at home this year – it’s always so special and magical and I miss it so much, but I’m counting down the days until I really do drive home for Christmas.
What are you guys most looking forward to this festive season? Let me know in the comments below!