I know there have been a lot of posts like this floating around the bloggersphere the last few days, but y’know when a bandwagon comes your way sometimes a girl just gotta jump on it and do her thing.
Omg I just cringed so hard. That sounded a lot better in my head I promised.
I should not be allowed to write.
ANYWAY in case you hadn’t noticed from the billion Instagram posts, Tweets reminding everyone to ‘wake the guy from Green Day up’, and the fact that everything has suddenly got that bit colder, October is here! I love October. I love Autumn and Winter in general, it’s just my favourite time of the year despite the fact that germs are everywhere (I’m germ phobic ok?) So today I thought I’d do a run down of the 10 things I’m most looking forward to this Autumn. Because Autumn is great and I’m excited.
Also I know the picture isn’t very typically ‘October’ but it’s all I have on my hard drive that reminds me remotely of Autumn despite the fact that it was actually taken in August. I love the view from my village at home. *insert heart eye emoji here*
1. Warm everything. Scarves, coats, fires, gloves, winter food. The whole shebang. I love walking outside in the morning when the air is all crisp and cold and smells like winter and I’m essentially wrapped up in so many clothes I look like Joey in that episode of Friends when he wears all of Chandler’s clothes. (Minus the commando lunges, I’m not that weird. Promise).
2. Ok, total blogger cliche here but PUMPKIN SPICE LATTES GUYS. I haven’t had my first one of the season yet but I’m working on it. It’ll probably happen next weekend, I won’t lie. Also side note here – how Instagrammable are the new Starbucks takeout cups?!
3. Knitwear. I know this is kinda covered in point 1 but I feel like it also deserves a point all of it’s own. I love comfy jumpers and sweaters this time of year. Most of my wardrobe is full of winter clothes anyway because I’m essentially still an emo at heart and I will never part with my black clothes, so I come into my element this time of year when I can walk around feeling very smug that finally my wardrobe is season appropriate.
4. Berry toned makeup. I just bought the most perfect berry lipstick from Mac (look out for a post coming up in the next week or so on my favourite winter Mac lipsticks) and now I have an excuse to wear it all of the time. And match my nails to my lipstick cos y’know, I’m just that kinda gal.
5. Moving flats. I have just 5 short weeks left in my little studio before I move in with my gorgeous friend Mel. We signed for our new flat last week and it’s so cute and I’m so excited to decorate my new place and my life up here to really start coming together. Plus shared bills means I can actually go shopping again – new clothes guys! NEW. CLOTHES.
6. Lush baths. I know these are kind of an all year round indulgence, but I haven’t got a bath in this flat and I’m hugely excited because I took the smaller room in the new flat meaning I get the bigger bathroom WITH A BATH. I HAVE A BATH. This means that once November rolls around I am going to do the biggest Lush raid ever to make up for the fact that I haven’t been able to enjoy my weekly Lush indulgences since I moved out.
7. Curling up in front of the fire with comfort food and a good book. I won’t have a fire in my new flat, so this is more of a ‘going home’ thing that I’m looking forward to, but honestly one of my all time favourite things about winter is curling up in front of a roaring fire with a mug of soup and a good book. (I just typed soup as soap, just thought you should know. Apparently I enjoy curling up with a mug of soap. Make of that what you will.)
8. CHRISTMAS MARKETS! The Manchester Christmas Markets start in basically a month’s time and I’m so excited for sneaky mulled wine lunch breaks, getting wrapped up and exploring all the different little shops and food outlets that start cropping up around the city once November hits.
9. Winter movies. I don’t really mean Christmas movies when I say this, simply because I feel like watching them before December is basically akin to treason (Channel 5 were playing a Christmas movie marathon yesterday. It was 3rd October. What fresh hell?!) and I don’t want to ruin December for myself by getting excited too soon which I do EVERY DAMN YEAR, but I’m talking those feel good films that always seem to come on at this time of year and make your Saturday nights even better. Oh and also Harry Potter marathons. Just sayin’
10. Making memories. OK GUYS I KNOW ITS CHEESY but I always feel like this time of year holds so much promise. In my head it’s always filled full of laughter and friends and good times and fun and happiness and ok so it never works out quite the way you think in your head but this year I’m determined to make it the goddamn best Autumn/Winter EVER. (2015 started off really shit, so I’m determined for it to end really, really good to make up for it.)
I enjoyed writing that ^-^ Do you like these chatty posts? I feel like maybe I should try and do one of these a week when I’m not working away/jetsetting round the country which seems to be happening quite a lot at the moment.