FEELING FREE

Manchester Fashion Blogger

In an attempt to move on from the way I have been feeling recently, I have been making the trip home more frequently on my weekends. Not only does this get me away from the solidarity that Manchester is currently affording me, it also gives me some time among nature. Fresh air. Animals and trees, grass and flowers and everything that is missing from the concrete jungle that is the city.

A country girl at heart who grew up spending her summers playing in the fields, riding her pony, and building dens in the woods, I didn’t anticipate quite how difficult I would find it in the city away from the familiar sights and smells that I once took for granted but for me now signify home. The first time I came home, I couldn’t get over just how green everything was. I swear it was like the green had intensified tenfold since I’d left, I was absolutely spellbound. Last weekend, I caught the smell of a nearby farm drifting through the train windows as I traveled home, and as my fellow passengers hurried to cover their noses, I breathed deeply savouring the familiarity.

Manchester Fashion Blogger

Manchester Fashion Blogger

I was keen to embrace the warmer weather while I was back home, and therefore I couldn’t resist wearing my new crop from H&M. I picked it up on a whim in store recently while shopping for my new work clothes, and absolutely fell in love with contrast between the simplistic front and detailed, open back.
It’s perfectly loose fitting meaning that in the warmer, muggy weather it’s wonderfully cool. It’s definitely more of a day appropriate top, and will be a holiday staple for me when I go away in September – I can see myself throwing it on over a bikini top to explore the surrounding coastal areas, and it definitely wouldn’t look out of place at a festival either – had I been going to Leeds Festival this year it is definitely something that I would have packed.

I teamed it with a pair of classic denim shorts (10 points for me for
finding a pair of shorts that cover my sizeable behind) and my new Matalan sandals. For someone who spends most of her life with her
legs covered up due to feeling so self-conscious over my leg tattoos, it was liberating to be able to get my legs out in the fresh air without noticing the judgmental looks passers-by give me in the city.

Do you have a particular outfit that you feel more relaxed when wearing? How would you style this top?

Manchester Fashion Blogger

Manchester Fashion Blogger

Manchester Fashion Blogger

Manchester Fashion Blogger

| Bloglovin’ | Twitter | YouTube | Instagram |

1. Fii Cridland
    July 29, 2015 / 9:39 pm

Your leg tattoos are lovely – anyone who gives you dirty looks for them is gonna have to fight me… [devil emoji] Oooh that h&m top is really pretty! Business in the front, party at the back, it's gonna look super cute on your hols. Hmm I generally feel super comfortable in oversized tees. Sooooo much room to be comfy :DD 🙂 xFii | little miss fii

August 2, 2015 / 6:08 pm

Luckily nobody stared at them today, although that would have been quite difficult considering I was wearing trousers…xo

2. Bethan Likes
    July 31, 2015 / 9:41 am

I grew up in the country too and living in a city, a small city, is very weird now. I do find myself wanting to get out of the busyness and the constant people into a more quiet environment!I love your outfit, the top is so pretty! You definitely shouldn't have to cover your tattoos, they look great 🙂 xBethan Likes

August 2, 2015 / 6:07 pm

Literally going home this weekend was incredible, spending time in little villages again and surrounded by fields makes me appreciate what I had so much yet I still don't think I'm ready to leave the city yet and move back home quite yet!Awwh thank you, I think its just the ones on my legs I'm not a fan of anymore – they're a bit too big and I'm a bit too little xo

3. Nabeela S
    August 2, 2015 / 9:10 pm

This was lovely to read! Home will always be home no matter where you go. I also adore nature and I always feel so calm and inspired whenever I'm around it. Loving the top by the way, the back is so pretty!!Nabeela xohttp://nabsticle.blogspot.co.uk/

August 3, 2015 / 8:55 pm

Thank you so much! I'm heading home for a week at the end of August again and I'm absolutely determined to make a trip to the beach at some point and get some true fresh air. I think when you've been brought up in the countryside there is really no better feeling than breathing in pure, clean air! xo

4. Vicky
    August 2, 2015 / 11:15 pm

I have this top too and I popped it with a maxi skirt. I bet it's so strange to go from one environment to another. The countryside makes for great photos too :)Victoria xx thedaisyjaynes.com

August 3, 2015 / 8:57 pm

Oooh I'll definitely have to try styling it with a maxi skirt! Thank you for the inspiration!It really is, I still haven't quite wrapped my head around the sheer amount of concrete and lack of green in the city but I'm getting there slowly! xo