*image credit: here
This wasn’t the post I had planned, but as so often happens, inspiration struck at the most random and unexplainable of times (while peeling the film off my Co-Op ready meal if you’re interested – thanks Mum, you angel) and I felt the need to post this instead.
It’s been a while since you’ve had a list off me, you’re welcome.
1. Dream Phone. Need I say more?!
2. Toy commercials were the best thing about TV. I mean, do they even have those anymore?! Nothing filled you with more excitement.
3. Aside from a new album announcement from your favourite band – Spice Girls, B*Witched or 5IVE anyone?!
4. Crimping your hair made you feel so sexy and sophisticated like the girls you saw in Girl Talk magazine. And you definitely fancied a guy with curtains, don’t even try to deny it.
5. You knew every Spice Girls dance routine by heart (especially the one for Stop) and took great pride in performing them at every school disco with your friends. I mean you were totally going to be profesh dancers when you grew up.
6. The first kid in your class to get an N64 was treated like a God and you almost wet yourself with excitement when you were invited round to play Diddy Kong Racing and Pokemon Stadium.
7. You filled your Christmas list with games, books and toys because technology basically didn’t exist and the most important thing in your life were your toy horses.
8. When you FINALLY got dial up internet in your house and it took about an hour to connect and 2 hours to load a webpage but it didn’t matter because you could finally search for cool clip art to jazz up your homework.
9. Film cameras were a necessity rather than a novelty.
10. Pokemon cards were definitely banned in your school. As were yo-yo’s and those weird alien things everyone was convinced you could breed by getting them to share an egg.
Yup. Those were the days.
Follow me on: