TACOS AND TEQUILA ON GOOD FRIDAY

fashion, blogger, street style, denim

So my Good Friday was pretty interesting. I ate pancakes with my best friend, accidentally proposed to her, got chatted up by a 10 year old in the street (“I’d well shag you!” – I kid you not. Children these days!) and fought against accidental boob exposure while getting these shots because I was that guy who insisted on wearing a vest top in windy weather.

NB: I was actually wearing a bra, just it was one of those flesh coloured triangle types and from a distance…well lets just say I could have been arrested for indecent exposure.

I am renowned for not dressing for the weather. I will perpetually wear vest tops and t-shirts in winter, and even the occasional crop top and suffer through the goosebumps/blue skin/hypothermia with true Northern grit and determination, so when I woke up on Friday and saw the grey sky and rainclouds I could not be swayed. I wanted to brighten up the day by wearing colour. Yes, you did read that correctly – me, queen of black and everything monochrome, wanted a bit of colour in her outfit.

My ‘Tacos and Tequila’ vest from Urban Outfitters was the obvious choice being the most colourful thing in my wardrobe aside from my Adidas Originals t-shirt (which you can see more of here) and definitely fit in best with my Zara suit style joggers which are so perfect that I actually cannot even. The superstars made another outing, and subsequently got muddy for the first time. I actually howled in anguish when I caught them on a step – so loudly in fact that I alarmed several passersby. They clearly did not understand the misery of dirtying your brand new kicks for the first time. Finally, my Boohoo denim jacket seemed the obvious choice as an ‘overcoat’, accessorised by the brightest of red lips to brighten up the whole ensemble a little more.

You will probably never see me looking this colourful again. I’d enjoy it while it lasts…

fashion, blogger, street style, denim

fashion, blogger, street style, denim

denim, street style, blogger, fashion

fashion, blogger, denim, street style

fashion, blogger, street style, denim

blogger, fashion, denim, street style

fashion, denim, summer, street style

Twitter | Instagram | Bloglovin’ | YouTube

April 9, 2015 / 6:36 pm

Thank you – I bought it from Boohoo last year and honestly it's one of the best things I've bought from them to this day. I didn't even think I'd like it when it got here! xo

1. Jayd Alice
    April 7, 2015 / 8:25 pm

Love your style, so quirky! Those trousers looks real comfy, need some in my life! x Always, Alice x

April 9, 2015 / 6:36 pm

Thank you honey! They really are super comfortable and really smart too so they work well in the office! xo

2. Hayley- Eszti
    April 7, 2015 / 8:30 pm

Such a cool outfit, I love the vest!www.hayleyeszti.com

April 9, 2015 / 6:36 pm

Thank you so much! xo

3. Aine O
    April 7, 2015 / 8:43 pm

i love how you can dress so casual and yet so cool! Aine Oh

April 9, 2015 / 6:37 pm

Ahhhh thank you babe <3

4. Carina Chung
    April 8, 2015 / 6:52 am

I like that you don't care for the weather! Go you. I wish i was brave enough against the cold. But alas, i can't. Good thing spring is here!Love this grungy look girl :)X, CarinaRunning White Horses | Fashion + Travel

April 9, 2015 / 6:37 pm

Haha thank you, it's not always a good idea trust me! The amount of times I get in from town looking slightly blue is verging on ridiculous :p xo

5. Samantha Merritt
    April 8, 2015 / 8:09 am

Love your hair! xxHalcyon Velvet

April 9, 2015 / 6:38 pm

Thank you!! xo

6. Paige Ryan
    April 8, 2015 / 11:48 am

hahaha this is awesome, i never dress for the weather either at the smallest sign of perhaps spring is on its way out come my whiter than white legs and sandals to brace the wind that england still has to offer ^.^xwww.coralpaiges.blogspot.co.uk

April 9, 2015 / 6:38 pm

Oh god I can't let my legs out in public yet for fear of obstructing traffic they're that white! :') Need to get on it with the St Tropez again I think!! xo

7. Carolyn Bell
    April 8, 2015 / 1:11 pm

Love this outfit, especially the jacket! Carolyn x Carolyn’s Simple Life

April 9, 2015 / 6:39 pm

8. Helena
    April 8, 2015 / 1:52 pm

That jacket is adorable! Have been looking for something like that for so long now ♥simply-mode.com

April 9, 2015 / 6:39 pm

It's such a wonderful jacket and wasn't hugely expensive. I bought it last year so they probably won't have this one anymore but I imagine they'll have some similar! xo

9. Eleanor Humphries
    April 8, 2015 / 4:30 pm

Such a cool outfit, loving the vest xeleanor's adventures // UK Fashion & Beauty Blog

April 9, 2015 / 6:40 pm

Thanks chick <3

10. Karolina Gespucci
    April 8, 2015 / 7:41 pm

<3333 such awesome look!love it Karolina Gerspucci

April 9, 2015 / 6:41 pm

Thank you so much! xo

11. Fii Cridland
    April 8, 2015 / 9:50 pm

I'm SO CONFUSED WHY IS THERE COLOUR. Nah I kid, this outfit is ace! I'm a massive sucker for vests/muscle tees and finding new ways to wear them so it doesn't look like I live at the gym – because I clearly don't – and I haven't actually tried them with a jogger-type pant/denim jacket combo yet????????/ I def should because this looks awesome. Aka you're a beaut and this outfit is love. Tequila forever, 10 year olds should be supervised at all times, and high-5's all round for not caring if it's snowing we'll wear what we want. Ish. little miss fii || Fii x

April 9, 2015 / 6:43 pm

Hahaha! I DON'T KNOW, SOMETHING CAME OVER ME :'( (I actually quite enjoy it, but don't tell the black clothes – they might get offended) You definitely should, honestly the minute you pair them with joggers you will never look back, you'll be like 'WHY THE HELL DIDN'T I DO THIS SOONER!' and then we can be in a cool vest top & joggers errrr'day club. Because that's just how we roll!Thank you babe <3 And yes, supervise all the 10 year olds!! I swear when I was his age I didn't even know what sex was! <3

12. Charlotte Smith
    April 16, 2015 / 6:59 pm

Love this outfit, so effortless yet awesome! Also love your style of writing x