I WAS SCARED OF JEANS ONCE.

Yes you did read the title right.
No I am not insane. Well, not much.

I used to be terrified of jeans. Why you may ask? Well, when I grew out of my emo kid phase and therefore disposed of my black skinny jeans with the skeleton handprints on the bum (I thought I was so cool) I looked back at old pictures of me and well, I totally lost my confidence. I’ve pretty much always had an issue with my bum/hips. I am a very short person, and my hips and ass would be in proportion with my body if I was about 5 inches taller, but I’m not. So therefore they aren’t either. All I feel jeans do, are cling to the bits I hate the most and make me look squat.

I feel like I look like Umbridge. (Google it if you don’t know, and if you don’t, where have you been??)

But then one day I went into Urban Outfitters and fell in love with these jeans, and I’ve never looked back since. I mean, I still don’t really like how I look in them, but they’re comfortable and a bit more flattering than any other ones I’ve worn and I feel less like Umbridge in them and more like my old self and I guess if I can get a little bit of confidence from a kick ass pair of jeans then that’s better than nothing right?! So when I was feeling uber low over Easter, I put them on with my All Saints vest top to go to the ice cream farm, and you know what? I felt pretty great.

And I was comfortable. Everything’s coming up Millhouse.

| Jeans: Urban Outfitters | Top: All Saints | Jacket: Topshop | Shoes: Toms | Beanie: River Island |

| Twitter | Instagram | Bloglovin’ | YouTube

1. Ally In Blunderland
    April 13, 2015 / 8:29 pm

Are you for real gal? You've got an amazing figure! And you look bangin' in those jeans!Xx

April 16, 2015 / 6:14 pm

2. colleen welsch
    April 13, 2015 / 9:10 pm

Um I don't know what you're talking about! You look awesome, not like Umbridge at all! Love the jeans :)COOCOO FOR COCO

April 16, 2015 / 6:15 pm

Aww thank you honey! I'm starting to feel more confident wearing stuff like this the more I try it 🙂 xo

3. Fii Cridland
    April 13, 2015 / 11:19 pm

Christ child you look INSANE. As in, insanely GOOD. and hi-5 for repping us vertically challenged pixie kids so well. Whatever would we do without you and your love for awesome locations. 🙂 xolittle miss fii || Fii x

April 16, 2015 / 6:15 pm

Eee thank you beaut <33 Vertically challenged pixie crew fo'lyf! xo

4. Kirsty Baker
    April 14, 2015 / 7:17 am

I've got a similar figure to you and I know what you mean with the whole jeans thing. It isn't easy to get a flattering pair if your short with hips and a bum but when you do find the magic pair, stick with them! I have been known to buy multiple jeans from the same shop in slightly different colours because they fit just right haha. Honestly, you look great! xxwww.kirstytalks.co.uk

April 16, 2015 / 6:16 pm

It really isn't easy is it?! I always panic about choosing things that make me look a lot shorter than I am as well and I permanently feel self conscious when I wear flats with things like jeans. I really need to go back to Urban and buy some more! xo

5. Carolyn Bell
    April 14, 2015 / 3:11 pm

You look amazing! Love the jeans, they suit you really well 🙂 And you definitely don't look like Umbridge!!Carolyn xhttp://www.gapyear.com/products/165474/stray-adventure-bus

April 16, 2015 / 6:16 pm

6. Alice Young
    April 14, 2015 / 7:25 pm

Oh shush, the jeans look lovely on you! Bonus for being comfy as well, uncomfy jeans are the worstThe Velvet Black // UK Style & Beauty Blog

April 16, 2015 / 6:17 pm

Thank you babe! They really are great – I was worrying they wouldn't actually fit me anymore when I put them on last week as I hadn't worn them for months and I've been comfort eating quite a lot recently but surprisingly they went on like a dream! Girl still got it! 😉 xo

7. Karolina Gespucci
    April 16, 2015 / 6:03 pm

<3333 such great look!love it Karolina Gerspucci

April 16, 2015 / 6:17 pm

Thank you so much! xo

8. Charlotte Smith
    April 16, 2015 / 6:56 pm

Love this outfit. And I'm totally the same with the whole curvy hips but being short it can be hard! x

9. Janals
    April 17, 2015 / 12:23 am

You are legit so pretty ! love your style xx

10. Poppy
    April 22, 2015 / 8:24 pm

similar figure over here so I know exactly what you mean! these look fab on you though, so don't worry!we rise & we fall | Poppyhttp://www.pr0binson.blogspot.co.ukxo