I FELL IN LOVE WITH A STRANGER ON A TRAIN

So this wasn’t the post that I had planned today.

When I sat down to write however, I had the most overwhelming urge to write this instead. If any of you follow me on social media (and if you don’t, why the hell not?! Twitter | YouTube | Instagram | – shameless plug, soz) then you might have guessed that I’m not feeling all too happy at the moment. I’m not going to go into details, but the unhappier I am the more I can’t get this incident out of my head. Because it was before everything else.

I fell in love with a stranger on a train.

It was on the way to London. I was sad because of, well the same thing that has me sad now actually, and I was feeling a little hopeless. The train pulled away from the station and people were settling into their seats and I noticed his luggage first.  The telltale monochrome print of an authentic Louis Vuitton overnight bag. And in that moment I knew…

Ok that is a tad over dramatic, but my heart definitely skipped a beat. The bag had been preceded into the carriage by a wave of gorgeous aftershave, so I just had a feeling the person the luggage belonged to would be heart stoppingly beautiful. I wasn’t wrong. Willing him to sit next to me just so I could enjoy 20 minutes of awkward ‘I can’t look at him’ glances until I had to swap trains, my heart quickened as the bag stopped level with my seat, and then swung into the empty one across the aisle from me. I looked out of the window at the ever darkening landscape outside, instead seeing his reflection shining back at me as he removed his jacket and got himself settled. Then he looked over, and my heart stopped.

Frantically I searched in my bag for headphones, anything to provide me with a distraction. I looked up, he looked down quickly. He looked up, and I looked down quickly.

We carried on this way for a while, neither of us saying anything, never quite making eye contact. He was just so beautiful. Tanned skin, a hint of a beard and caramel coloured hair falling across his face. Honestly, I was in love.

I toyed with the idea of writing my number down for him – just casually dropping it into his lap as I walked off the train, leaving behind an air of mystery and intrigue, but before I knew it the train was pulling into the station, I hadn’t found a pen and it was too late.

He walked off, and I walked behind him. Neither of us spoke. We left the train and went our separate ways, both with a slight lift in our step, neither of us looking back.

1. Kasope
    April 9, 2015 / 7:59 pm

I love things posts like this, this probably happens to me every time I go out, most of the time unreciprocated though #hardtimes!CLOTHING CONSCIOUS// FASHION & LIFESTYLE BLOG

April 12, 2015 / 6:29 pm

Aww thank you! It's the only time it's happened to me so far and I definitely regret not leaving my number for him – I always carry a pen around with me now though, just in case there's a next time! xo

2. Chloe Harriets
    April 9, 2015 / 9:08 pm

I loved reading this post, so nice to read a slightly different blog post. Sounds like the sweetest train journey 🙂 xxhttp://chloeharriets.blogspot.co.uk/

April 12, 2015 / 6:29 pm

Thank you! I really enjoyed writing it actually, I'm wanting to branch out with a little more lifestyle stuff on here so I'm glad you liked it 🙂 xo

3. Hannah Lucy
    April 9, 2015 / 11:34 pm

I LOVED this. I love strangers on trains and wondering what their life story is.www.ohjanuary.blogspot.co.uk

April 12, 2015 / 6:30 pm

Thanks honey! I'm so bad for it honestly, I permanently people watch and come up with my own little character narratives for them! xo

4. Olivia Emily
    April 12, 2015 / 10:26 am

This was such a lovely post to read! Your writing style is amazing <3Hope you're feeling more yourself again soon, beautiful.xxhttp://www.oliviaemily.com

April 12, 2015 / 6:31 pm

Thank you so much <3 I really enjoyed writing it – definitely need to do more of this on my blog I think!I will do soon – nothing that time and good company won't heal 🙂 xo

5. Nisha Patel
    April 12, 2015 / 3:35 pm

Love this post Lucy, you write so well! Hope you feel a little happier soon lovely, lots of hugs xHOW I WEAR | A Manchester Style & Beauty Blog

April 12, 2015 / 6:32 pm

Thank you babe! We need to meet up soon – I have exciting news this week which I'll mention on my blog as soon as I can that will mean meet ups lots! xo

6. Rachel Marie
    April 12, 2015 / 3:47 pm

Omg the same thing happened to me before except I spent the train journey talking to him and then when we got to where we were going, neither of us asked for each others number (I was too nervous to). Such a regret! :(Rachel Coco

April 12, 2015 / 6:34 pm

Awww no way!! I majorly regret not leaving my number for Train Boy as well, I always hope I'll bump into him again but sadly it's not happened yet. I live in hope! xo