I’m all about the throwback photos on here at the moment, so have this absolute gem from NYE 2013 in which we all look absolutely delightful. I would however, be lost without this group of beautiful ladies.
So, without further ado, 10 unfortunate realities of life in your twenties:
1) When you realise that your life is nothing like F.R.I.E.N.D.S – you do not live in the same apartment building as your besties, you do not have an endless supply of hot guys appearing in your life and no matter how hard you try you can never get a seat at your favourite coffee shop.
2) Tinder is a thing.
3) You have legitimately had a conversation about whether or not donating your eggs is a morally acceptable way to boost your income.
4) You can afford to live in the city of your dreams but only if you’re ok with sharing a room with six other people with questionable personal hygiene habits. Oh, and you have to pay £600 a month for this ‘privilege’…
5) All of a sudden you’re expected to understand things like council tax, VAT and interest rates.
6) Suddenly your Facebook newsfeed is filled with people you went to school with getting married or having babies, meanwhile you’re sat in your onesie on a Saturday night with a bottle of wine and a tub of Ben & Jerry’s for company wondering where it all went wrong.
7) Hangovers last for three days now. Three days. Yes, that includes Monday too, the bastard.
8) When you go shopping, you now have to question whether an outfit is ‘too young’ for you, and you die a little inside.
9) When you actually venture out at night, clubs are filled with children who look about 12. Then you realise with horror that 18 year old’s nowadays were born in 1997.
10) Ending the month without a maxed out overdraft is actually an achievement to be celebrated.