A post with a difference for you this Sunday, but I thought I’d provide you with something a little more lighthearted and fun for a Sunday afternoon; especially one as grim as today. I don’t know what the weather is like where you’re from but up North it is what can only be described as Grim. Yes, it’s that bad it deserves its own capital ‘G’. Oh and before you ask, yes that is a photo of me singing. Yes I did used to be in a band. Now however, I sound like someone strangling a cat when I sing so if you value your eardrums I really wouldn’t ask…
SO; 10 reasons you know you’re still an emo at heart:
1) The secret collection of band t-shirts you keep under your bed rivals the stock of Hot Topic. You never wear them but you can’t bring yourself to throw them out, just in case.
2) There mere mention of MySpace leaves you misty eyed with nostalgia and you get the sudden urge to post a pc4pc bulletin and make friends with hot guys with fringes.
3) You know every word to ‘Welcome to the Black Parade’ and will still sing it with great pride and emotion even when you’re sober.
4) You avoid revealing your iTunes library to new acquaintances because they would be embarrassed for you.
5) The temptation to tease your hair to unnatural levels remains strong.
6) Mood: apathetic.
7) You’re still drawn to everything black and studded. I mean DUH studs will always be the coolest.
8) You actually envy the small children you see running round town in hoodies and black skinny jeans, covered in eyeliner and fake piercings because you know they’re going to have the BEST SUMMER EVER.
9) You still listen to a mixture of My Chemical Romance, Fall Out Boy and Dashboard Confessional when you’re sad because ‘they just get me y’know?!’
10) Black eyeliner will always make you feel like the fiercest motherfucker to ever walk the planet.