THAT SUNDAY POST – #7

This week I have been so intensely exhausted that vast quantities of caffeine have been the only conceivable way to get me through the days. I’d like to say that it was because I’ve been working so hard, but actually it’s probably got more to do with the fact that I have been up until the early hours of the morning each night this week absolutely glued to the book that I am currently reading. It’s so good.

So I’ve vowed that this week I will be asleep early every night to put me in top form for the week ahead. I’ve now fully embraced my new role at work and I’m spending all day every day writing, researching and coordinating marketing campaigns which is just so much fun! It certainly takes more brainpower than my old job and I’m thinking that’s probably another reason I’m so sleepy!

This weekend I went to Liverpool with my best friend and her boyfriend to see the Andy Warhol exhibition that is currently on at the Tate which was incredible. I left feeling inspired to actually begin to put into practice all of the ideas that I currently have bouncing around in my head. I miss producing art every day, I miss taking photographs, editing, filming. I miss modelling. So I am absolutely determined to start doing more of the above, and next year on a much larger scale so that I can start living the life I both love and want.

I hope you’re all having as inspiring and fun a weekend as I have!

Lucy-J xo

1. Eilidh
    November 23, 2014 / 5:34 pm

I dont know how you can stay up that late! I love sleep and I nap every spare moment I can get ha ha Eilidh from Velvet-Winter

November 26, 2014 / 8:13 pm

I don't know how I managed it either tbh! I'm exhausted, can't wait for this weekend again just for a lie in! xo

2. Ella J
    November 23, 2014 / 7:21 pm

love this post! i especially like the photo used! if you don't mind, is it okay if i create a weekly sunday post? yours has really inspired me!

November 26, 2014 / 8:13 pm

Of course I don't mind sweetie 🙂 xo

3. Louise Jennifer
    November 23, 2014 / 7:48 pm

Haha I know exactly how it feels with the sleeping thing, even though I get up early everyday for work and love my sleep I seem to be incapable of going to bed early! It's definitely my resolution to try and sort it out soon as well but I can't see me sticking to it, I'm too set in this pattern of having little sleep I think!Louise / http://www.asseenonlouise.blogspot.co.uk

November 26, 2014 / 8:14 pm

It's ridiculous isn't it?! I'm sure I'll feel much better all round if I actually get a proper nights sleep one of these days! xo

4. Nico lowbudget-lowcost
    November 23, 2014 / 10:24 pm

Wow, love this post!New post on lb-lc fashion blogWIN a CAPE COAT HERE

November 26, 2014 / 8:15 pm

5. Alice Young
    November 23, 2014 / 11:07 pm

The Andy Warhol exhibition must've been awesome!The Velvet Black // UK Style, Beauty Blog

November 26, 2014 / 8:16 pm

It was amazing! I was disappointed that I couldn't take photos! xo

6. Hannah Cornish
    November 24, 2014 / 9:35 pm

Sounds like you've had a busy week! If you don't mind me asking, how did you get into a marketing campaign kind of job? Did you go to Uni? It's something I'm interested in going into myself 🙂 xxHannah x | hannatalks

November 26, 2014 / 8:18 pm

I did go to Uni, however I didn't even complete my first year due to medical reasons – I was studying photography and journalism but I don't think it had any indication on getting this job. I actually joined the company in an administrative role and when the marketing role became available my boss (who knew I blogged and loved writing etc) asked me to put together some mock campaigns for him which he showed the other directors. They were that impressed with them they gave me the job – it just sort of proves that if you want something enough and work hard enough for it you'll get there in the end 🙂 Good luck with it! xo

• Hannah Cornish
      November 26, 2014 / 9:07 pm

Thank you for the response! Glad to see it can be done without uni. I'll make sure to continue blogging and work hard! 🙂 xxHannah x | hannatalks