This is actually the second time I’ve been nominated for the Leibster Award, it’s a fab way to promote newer bloggers, and get to know each other. It’s been a post on my ‘to do list’ for about 4 weeks now and I’ve just not got round to it yet, I’m terrible I know. So this time I’ve been nominated by the lovely Eleanor after previously being nominated by Cat, and will be answering the questions (and linking my nominations) below.
1. When did you start blogging and why? I started blogging in June (time flies when you’re having fun!) after thinking about it for literally years. I’ve always wanted to have a fashion blog, but never believed that I knew enough about clothes or personal style or that people would actually be interested in what I have to say. I’m so glad I plucked up the courage to start one though, as now I have a place to document my journey with fashion and beauty, finding my own style and learning who I am.
2. If you could meet one person (living or dead) who would it be and what would you ask them? This is actually a really difficult one. I’d love to meet loads of celebrities simply just to meet them, however to have a proper conversation with or to spend proper time with I’d actually meet my Grandparents again after losing them when I was young and just ask their advice on a whole host of questions relating to my life and what they think I should do. Celebrity wise I’d probably go for JK Rowling and beg and plead for her to write another 20 million Harry Potter books detailing Harry’s life after Hogwarts and what his children get up to at the castle.
3. One book or film that influenced your life in a major way and how? I’ve probably given this away in the answer above but Harry Potter for sure. Those books were my escape when I was younger and going through a difficult time and they will always have an insanely special place in my heart. I’m also still waiting for my Hogwarts letter. Just sayin’
4. If you could visit any destination in the world, where would you go and what would you do there? New York without a shadow of a doubt. I’ve been there before but it’s honestly the only place I’ve ever been that’s truly felt like home to me. I’d go round all the art galleries again, I’d get lost in Central Park for a day. I’d explore Brooklyn because I didn’t have a chance to last time I was there and I’d lose myself in old book shops and coffee shops and just absorb their way of life. I’d also never want to leave…
5. Your hopes and dreams for the next 10 years? Get a book published, buy a house, get married and have a family. Also, to earn enough money to be able to live comfortably and give my future children a really financially stable upbringing.
6. Your dream career and your nightmare job? My dream career? Full time successful fashion blogger obviously 😉 Or a published author. My nightmare job would be anything involving snakes or any really monotonous job in an office.
7. All time favourite album/piece of music? This is difficult. I have two albums that have meant an insane amount to me, the first being Enter Shikari’s debut album ‘Take to the Skies’ which defined me for about 8 years. The next is The 1975’s self titled debut which is on repeat for me at the moment and has been for the last year. I adore both bands to the end of the earth for many different reasons. Sweet Disposition by The Temper Trap is another piece of music that really resonates with me and means a lot.
8. Who/what is your biggest creative influence? I actually have no idea on this one. I tend to be influenced by many different things on a daily basis – this could literally be anything from a blog post to a piece of music to a passing comment to a song. I find that listening to my favourite bands tends to make me feel incredibly inspired so I guess you could say that each of them influence me a lot in their own ways.
9. Your all time favourite piece of clothing? Again such a toughie! I’m living in my Topshop jacket on my ‘Heart Out’ post recently and my The 1975 band shirt. I also adore my onesie especially in the winter!
10. If you could only eat one type of food for the rest of your life, what would you choose? Yorkshire Pudding all the way!
My questions for you:
- If you swap lives with anyone for a day, who would it be and why?
- If you met your future self, what is the one question you would ask them?
- What made you want to start blogging, and how long have you had your blog for?
- Biggest pet peeve?
- If you could have any career in the world, what would it be?
- Cats or dogs?
- What is the one book/series of books that has/have changed your life?
- Who is your main blogging influence and why?
- If you could only buy new clothes or new beauty products for the rest of your life, what would you pick?
- Friends or How I Met Your Mother?
These are the rules:
You must link back to the person who tagged you.
You must answer all the questions above.
You must come up with 10 questions of your own.
You must nominate other 11 bloggers with under 200 followers
I realised I don’t actually follow many blogs with under 200 followers, so below I nominate: