WHAT TO WEAR IN SUMMER WHEN YOU HAVE NO SUMMER CLOTHES

Fashion Blogger Lucy Love


Summer has always been my most sartorially challenging season. See, I have a penchant for black, I hate frills and ruffles and I find floral prints quite frankly offensive - so once March rolls around and the high street prepares for spring I have my annual WHAT THE HELL WILL I WEAR FOR OUR THREE DAYS OF SUMMER?!?!?! panic.

This year it's crept up on me even quicker than usual and I think this is 90% because my brain has been in full moving house mode and the other 10% has been distracted by books and my lack of money to buy said books, so when the heatwave approached last week it found me frantically scratching my head in front of my wardrobe of a morning and wondering what on earth to wear to avoid melting into a puddle of sweat on my packed Northern Line commute.

It has not been helped this week as I am now living out of suitcases at Joseph's after our flat fell through desperately trying to find somewhere new to live. I feel like most of my favourite clothes are in varying piles of disarray around the flat and I don't even know what is actually in my suitcases at this point.

This was only exacerbated at the weekend when I not only had a festival to attend but also a rather glorious Hyde Park picnic with an old friend. The day of the picnic dawned impossibly warm and sunny and I vaguely remembered a H&M sun dress I bought last year so, filled with good intentions I went on a hunt. I did find it but alas 12 months of share sized bars of Galaxy have not been kind to my waistline and I was unable to do up the zip *shakes fist in anguish* - however I did stumble upon an even older H&M playsuit and was remarkably pleased with the result.

Somehow, this playsuit still continues to flatter me despite the extra pounds and I am now a firm believer in loose cotton in hot weather. If, like me, your summer wardrobe is non existent I truly urge you to find something similar and you can thank me later. This evening, Joe and I went for commiseratory drinks at South Bank's Udderbelly festival and I decided to wear the playsuit of dreams once again but, considering we were approaching 7pm and no longer 25 degrees + I layered up with a loose fitting checked shirt and my old faithful Boohoo oversized denim jacket.

Wearing:
Playsuit: H&M | Sandals: Topshop | Shirt: Topshop | Jacket: Boohoo

Follow me on:
Bloglovin' | Twitter | Instagram | Youtube

Fashion Blogger Lucy Love
Fashion Blogger Lucy Love
Fashion Blogger Lucy Love
Fashion Blogger Lucy Love
Fashion Blogger Lucy Love
Fashion Blogger Lucy Love
Fashion Blogger Lucy Love
Fashion Blogger Lucy Love

No comments:

Post a Comment

2017 Lucy Love. Powered by Blogger.